New Windows 10 computer is faster

Recently, I got a new Windows 10 computer. I talked about it in this post.

I have now installed almost all of my programs. There are still a couple of programs left to install but they are  quite complicated to install so I will have to get my dad to install them. I have noticed that it is much faster than my old Dell Windows 8 computer, and everything loads faster. This might be because it is Windows 10, which is newer so it is supposed to be faster and better. However, it could also be because this computer has 128 gigabytes of SSD (Solid State Drive.) SSD is faster than a spinning disc, so things on it load faster. I have one terabyte of spinning disc which is called the “Local Disc” on this computer. I put all of the important files on the SSD so that they load faster and put everything else, including games, on the Local Disc. Unfortunately, when something is already installed, you can’t move it to another disc, and I accidentally installed Steam and Minecraft on the SSD. Oh well, at least they will load faster now.

The computer also came with NVIDIA already installed, and there are Metro app versions of Skype and VLC Media Player that load faster than the desktop versions.

Overall, this new computer is much better than my old Dell computer, and hopefully it lasts as long as the Dell computer did (The Dell computer lasted for more than five years.)

3 thoughts on “New Windows 10 computer is faster

• I will. I think that with the Dell computer it was the computer’s fault though, not my fault. There was a hardware problem. (Hardware is what is installed on the computer when you get it as part of the operating system and software is programs that you install later, when you set the computer up.)